View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
That's just a huge drag Kev. I remember you mentioning this once before. Nothing worse than unresolved tech issues I wonder if talking to Avid and seeing if anything in their database would help? I know it's not their product but it might be worth a call. Also, Presonus has always been pretty good, not perfect, but pretty good at tech help. I wonder if they've hit upon a solution since last you tried.

There's certainly nothing wrong with your Pro Tools rig so you have that feather in your cap, but I do think Studio One is a fresher, more intuitive workflow, and I also think you'd really like it if you could get things sorted.
Worth a try with Avid I suppose..
S1 support did infer that it could possibly be addressed in future S1 version but had no info on that .. I thought about pointing out that if it was "Avids problem" then how would a future S1 version address it ???? But just gave up instead.

And of course I could just bite the bullet ,update to latest S1 version and see if it works ? And realistically I can certainly mix sans my Hardware, but it's just that it has become such an integral part of my work flow, and such an easy implementation in PT

My only other observation (and maybe it has changed) But the pan controls and send level control in S1 are pretty archaic and cumbersome compared to PT
But I guess as Mick J said "Ya can't always get what you want"

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 02-05-2023 at 07:11 AM.