View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 01:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
Frankly, I'm a bit surprised Studio One didn't take a bigger bite outta Pro Tools in the above pole.
I think there are a couple of reasons that are likely at the root of that...
First, and I fall into this category, there are people who are reluctant to switch and learn a new daw. I've been using only Pro Tools for more than 20 years. Unless I was hurting badly for money, I can't imagine what would motivate me to leave the daw I know really well for something different, especially since it isn't going to make anything sound any better.

Second, deserved or not, PreSonus has a reputation for making cheap gear. The name has a similar reputation as Behringer (although Behringer, I'd argue, is worse now because they're the new Monster Cables of litigation). On top of that, PreSonus was sold to Fender in late 2021. No one knows in what direction the company is going to take any of the PreSonus stuff since this is not really in Fender's wheelhouse. That probably adds to the issue.

Full Disclosure - I have a good friend who is a PT guru and that's another reason I don't switch. In 20+ years, I think I only ever had to call Avid once and that was over a licensing issue. Any other time I had a problem, my friend would pop over and get me sorted. If I switch daws, I lose my free in-person support tech.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube