View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1j View Post
I’ve found Studio One to be amateur-friendly, and there are always frequent additions to the existing vast video instruction universe. Yet, in the past few updates it has taken on nearly the same functionality as Pro Tools, according to what I read. What it doesn’t do I can manage without.
Yea Bob, for me, there's only one or two things Pro Tools does better than Studio One and honestly, there's a whole bunch of things Studio One does better than Pro Tools. Pro Tools indeed is still the undisputed king of audio editing. I certainly can do everything (editing-wise) in Studio One that Pro Tools provides, but it's a bit more time-consuming. I also miss the destructive editing that Pro Tools Audio Suite plug-ins provide. It's just light years faster, especially for things like noise reduction. I can bounce tracks/effects in Studio One but it's clunky compared to the audio suite method.

Other than audio editing, and perhaps the somewhat clumsy i/o, templates, and midi set-up, Studio One just does everything so smoothly that I find that I almost never open Pro Tools for my music production anymore. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised Studio One didn't take a bigger bite outta Pro Tools in the above pole.