View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I'll be the bad guy just to give you a different opinion and observation. I owned a 2nd version and a 3rd version of the X7, both are comfortable and they are beautiful. I think the V2 more so than the V3. I didn't bond with them at all, the V3 felt weird to me with the bigger body and short scale neck, it just didn't sit on my knee right. The tone was meh at best for me. I found other CF guitars I liked better, I guess that's why they make a lot of different ones. This is my experience and others have a very positive experience with them, I think the point to take away is that if you DON'T like the X7 you try, don't give up on trying other CF guitars. McPherson is my favorites and the Rainsongs are nice too. I hope the X7 works for you !

I have a an early 2012 model, back when it was called the X7-OS, with the narrow body. I love the small body and short scale, but it does not (duh!) sound anywhere near as good as my CA GX (which to me does sound like a "real" guitar). I'm sure the newer X7s have a more full sound, but I've always felt something was lost in not having a more compact parlor size, something that was small enough to make the less full sound worth the trade off.