View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

The X7 is one of my favorite guitars. It keeps up surprising well with the bigger X20. I also have several nice wood guitars. I like the size and 24" scale on the X7. As far as tone, I will admit I am biased - I like the tone of all 3 of my carbon fiber guitars. They each sound different from the others, but all have great tone and projection.

What surprised me with the X7 was the full sound and rich bass; I did not expect that on this smaller guitar. It wasn't like I was expecting it to sound "small," but it is the smallest acoustic guitar I have. I bought it as a "travel" guitar, but it gets plenty of playing time when we're home. With the bevels and size, it is the most comfortable acoustic I own, as well.

I don't want to build up your expectations, so I will temper this with: the guitar I had before the X7 (as a travel guitar) was a Taylor GSmini. I also think the Mini is a decent guitar and sounds better than the size might have you believe. The X7 is significantly bigger and richer sounding.

Ultimately, it sounds like... a guitar. A nice guitar. The only way to know if it will please your ears and hands is to give it a try. After trying an ergonomically designed guitar like the X7, you may find "old fashioned" wood guitars with their hard edges are far less comfortable to play. Carbon fiber gives the builder/designer more options with shaping, if they care to take advantage of that.

Good luck with the decision.