Thread: Emerald X-20
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 04:23 PM

I may be just who you are looking for, sort of. I bought a X20 in emerald green and absolutely loved the sound of it. The body is very comfortable and the sound is great, as was fit and finish. “My” X20 is now Earl’s here on the forum. I can’t say I regretted buying it but I had an issue with the neck carve where after some time playing it I got pain in my fretting hand, which I don’t have on my Taylor’s, Rainsongs, or Blackbird, fwiw. I thought of getting a new one with a custom neck carve but that is really pricey for an instrument I use mainly for travel.
So, I am an Emerald fan in spite of not keeping mine, but I did notice that my thumb would occasionally catch the top edge of the fretboard when finger picking so if ordering another I would get just 20 frets. That said, kind of cool to do harmonics on the 24th fret.....
Even I say go for it, but if you are really worried buy a used one and you should be able to sell it for what you paid.