View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Default The build begins ... officially

Well folks ... things are about to get real ... fast! When I see the gathering of materials like this it can only mean one thing. Launch is imminent!

Although you have seen some activity prior to now, most of that was to facilitate getting the fretboard and headstock ready for inlays (by Larry Robinson). But now the build is getting ready to start. Ryan told me mid-February and he wasn't just a whistling Dixie!

We will be picking tops soon. I've got goosebumps!

Hope you enjoy the ride as much as I know I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHguitarNYC View Post
Awesome, Dennis. This one is going to be a keeper for sure!
Thanks Wayne. Maybe I'll tote this one along to our next AGF gathering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
I totally agree, Dennis--the back and sides are so incredible that ebony will really allow the other woods to become the focal point and do the talking.

You must be getting super excited!
You bet Kevin. Over the edge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Wow what a set of back and sides! Holy cow.

This is a fun one to watch

Cheers

Paul
Glad to have you along for the ride Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukejon View Post
Holy schmoly! That's outrageously cool looking.
Thanks Jon! I know you must be anxious to see that Mahogany beauty under finish. Can't wait myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
As Steve mentioned, because of the need to get the neck and headstock done and sent out for inlay, Dennis's build and mine have unexpectedly overlapped which is kind of cool because if I am not mistaken it was Dennis's playing of the aforementioned first build (BRW/Italian Spruce killer SJ) that sparked Dennis in going for his own Kinnaird.

I will echo the crowd here, Ebony is a great choice for those woods and oh my Lord those woods. They are outstanding and look at the deep richness of the colors coming out with some naptha or whatever it was......YIKES
Yup! Guess your SJ gave me the fever. Have to say it has been wonderful working with these guys. You and I are going to have to play our OMs in the same room someday ... soon!