View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Charter Member

I am finally getting back to this purchase. A few things have changed since I started this thread. I was playing my 912 and OM-42 exclusively but have since purchased a Blueridge parlor and love the size. I think it is an 0 body. I do find the neck to be thick but great for finger style (1 7/8) it makes my Taylor feel small.

I will go with a standard or a short scale but not a compact scale 24.75 - 25.5.

I am worried about the thickness of the NS on the Rainsong Parlor but all else seems great.

Is a Rainsong N1 still the most Taylor - Martin Lo/Pro like? Can I really get the action low on an N1? (lower nut and bridge) or will it buzz?

Thanks for any help. When I sell my 916 I will make a purchase.

DougT (Captain Bling) - not sure if a composite is fancy enough for you but you can glue on Rhinestones...
Martin OM-42 Martin OM-42 Koa Martin 00-42K Robbie Robertson. Martin GPCPA1 Martin OMC Aura Orchestra Santa Cruz 00. Santa Cruz 00M Taylor custom 12 fret GC Adirondack Taylor 912e Taylor GA4 Blueridge BR-371 Rainsong P12 Atienza Parlor An embarrassingly long list of others...