View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Hello AGF. Recently my gigs have found me in some less than savory locales. Instead of backing down and finding easier places to play like wineries, assisted Living facilities, or sororities, I'd like to continue with these venues but want to ensure I can protect myself.

As a felon I cannot legally bring a gun to my shows so I'd like see how I could utilize my guitar as a weapon for self defense and possibly offense as well. As an acoustic player I dont think something like Gene Simmons axe bass would work. So far I've found this beauty which looks like it would be capable of sending a biker to the dentist, the ER, or back to his mama: https://www.uncommongoods.com/produc...-travel-guitar

Any other good suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Two points:

1 - I don't see why you think there's going to be a problem. I played in a Mongol bar for years and was never hassled. Ever. In fact, on the two occasions when a fight did break out, two of the Mongols got me and my guitar out of there and off to safety.

2 - No biker is going to back down because he's gotta' go to the dentist. He's gonna' handle his business. All you'll do is succeed in pissing him off, and I suspect that wouldn't end well for you. And, remember, he's got his biker friends there. You don't.

My advice is don't worry about it...

Last edited by CoffeeFan; 11-04-2019 at 10:23 AM.