View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 09:42 AM

John is as good of a builder as there is. Barre none. PERIOD.

That said when someone wants all these very particular tonal goals and is banking on hitting them all it becomes very hard to please. We can control a great many things with some degree of certainty but to assure that everything is coming out just as wanted is a road that leads to some sort of disappointment. Sorry but there is an element of luck in there too. That element is diminished to an extent by experience and John has a wealth of that and skill, but if it were me I wouldn't promise someone all those things with absolute certainty. Tone can be very subjective as Howard explained.

Which is why sometime down the road when I get my shop back together I will not take commissions. I won't do it for the money per se. I'll build whatever the hell I want and if someone doesn't want it then it's no skin off my back.

Good luck with the build. If I were to order a guitar from ANYONE it would be John. Someday I will actually. He is that good. Plus getting to know and love the guy from working with him and many other things helps too, but above all else he has a talent for building not many do.