View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
My wife and I went to dinner out last night.
We were two of a total of four other patrons who were wearing masks.
The restaurant was very busy. They did have spaced seating and plastic dividers separating the diners.
The employees and servers were all wearing them.
Generally, I have seen an abandonment of mask-wearing in retail stores by the public.
I expect Ohio will see a big jump in the numbers of infections shortly.
I also expect the governor to implore people to wear them again soon.
It's similar here in Pennsylvania, however people are only required to wear masks if they leave their seats - which seems counterproductive to me but then again we were the dummies who went. We've been to two restaurants with the same set of friends (whose house we've been to and have had over to ours) and it's been sufficiently weird enough of an experience that we're probably not going to be going to a restaurant again for some time. We'll continue to do curbside and takeout but even going into the lobby and standing around near other people seems weird enough. I've already overcome my phobia of the grocery store, but with the uptick in numbers I'll be looking into curbside pickup for that again. It was one of the first things to book up.

FWIW I have no problem wearing a mask and quite frankly can't understand why people are so resistant. I'm more afraid of other people who are openly combative and defiant than I am of people whose facial expressions I can't read. By that logic I would be distrustful of people who wear too much makeup.