View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 07:52 PM

Sorry, I've opted to make use of the CNC'd Martin neck (with V shaped profile) I was gifted with and do a short scale dreadnought. It will be an HD-28V SS. I've already ordered a 24.9" serviced ebony fretboard from LMI along with some curly maple binding strips (for the fingerboard) and fretwire. I also ordered pearl diamond inlays from Stewmac to fancy it up a little. Apart from the inlays, dovetail joint and forward shifting the braces I'm hoping things go a little more smoothly. I don't have to build jigs or forms this time. I'm also using serviced parts (like the neck and fretboard obviously) but will also be going with a serviced Martin belly bridge with 2-1/4" spacing at the saddle and prebent herringbone purfling for a dreadnought from Stewmac.

I need to find a good source for Dremel bits though. I'm having a hard time finding an alternative to Stewmac for downcut carbide bits with a 1/8" shank. Does anybody have any suggestions?