View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 12:02 AM

Thanks tadol and iim7V7IM7 for the insights! Really appreciate your thoughts and I learned a lot from them (and thanks AGF!).

Quote:
My question back at you - with all the incredibly great builders practically on your doorstep in No. California, or even the west coast, why would you choose a japanese builder and wait 5 years? Have you met, and have you played some examples of this builders work? It might be a great decision - I’m not judging - but I’m intrigued with how you would make this choice, since I don’t think something as personal as a high-end custom guitar would be something I’d choose to have built and supported by anyone that far away -
Yeah I'm of course aware that there are lots of great builders in north California, but I just feel like I don't have the motivation to learn more about their works, although I'm sure I would be able to find a builder that I really love.

For the Kenji guitar I'm ordering, I just kept having the thought of "man, I need to get this" whenever I see my guitar hero Satoshi Gogo plays it. I also researched other video demos like this one

But admittedly, this is still mostly an emotional purchase. 5 years of wait time is indeed prohibitively long, but on the bright side it gives me a lot of motivations to keep improving my guitar playing skills for the next 4-5 years, and I expect I should have many opportunities to travel to Japan after 5 years.

Lastly, check out the video of a Sugita Kenji guitar in action:

Last edited by lskeeper; 02-22-2021 at 12:41 AM.