View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
I know that brand is better in the school district but will point out the wisdom of kids. My kids and others can't wait to get home from school and use their school G Suite accounts on other devices because moderately priced Chromebooks have craptacular display quality compared to tablets at same price points.

Your G Suite, free Google, Office 365 and web browsing will work across different hardware platforms. You are stuck with crappy display and more to carry If you do your reading on a moderately priced Chromebook vs the right tablet.

In the enterprise and at home most everything Android or Chromebook I've bought and often have to buy becomes useless toxic waste before the dozens of $300 iPads we have. I'm preparing for my about once a year or 1.5 year electronics recycling I have to do. It's telling as heck to see a lack of anything Apple in the piles of stuff when we buy iPads by the dozens.

We have hundreds of first line workers who have to use web for schedules, payroll and all HR stuff. We have to make that available. They always go to higher quality display when that's an option. For training they can go to rooms with 6 late model but standard resolution Windows computers or use the training iPads. They always choose the iPads because the reading is so much easier.
I hadn't really considered a tablet, due to the lack of keyboard, but I just now looked at some, and was surprised at how good their displays are. I guess I need to look into external tablet keyboards.