View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
I'm very intrigued by these ...did you receive yours already? Did they include those photos of the build, or did you request them?

Tell us a little more, if you would, about how this guitar compares to some of your other electric guitars ...tone, sustain, excetera.

Thx....

Todd in Chicago
When I posted those photos I had just received the guitar. They were taken in the factory. Although in the first picture I photoshopped the background away.

By now I can say that it is a great guitar. Everything about the build is flawless.

This the only electric in my collection with a wraparound bridge and two P90 pickups. In theory a one piece bridge should help to preserve sustain. I don't think it beats my heavier Les Paul in that department though but it does leave the Strat and Tele behind.
Not surprisingly these Mississippi Queen P90 pickups make this guitar sit nicely in between the Gibson with its humbuckers and the single coil Fenders. I would describe its sound as bright and creamy. The neck pickup can make some beautiful clean tones while the bridge pickup has more of a bite which is perfect for vintage rock. Both have an excellent note separation.
To my surprise and despite being single coils these pickups do not hum or hiss at all.

I do have another guitar with a humbucker size P90. It is a semi-hollow Duesenberg and it only has one in the neck position. I have not yet compared these side by side yet but I expect them to be quite different due to the different bodies.

Even though the build is flawless, the setup however was not: The action was quite low and there was annoying fret buzz. I guess that must be standard for Aristides because their guitars mostly go to guitarists in heavy genres who like to play fast with lots of distortion.
Fortunately setting up an electric guitar bridge is so much easier than messing with the saddle of an acoustic. So I have raised the bridge and re-intonated the saddles. It still needs to go a little higher, which I am planning to do this week.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089

Last edited by mountainmaster; 06-04-2019 at 08:05 AM.