View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 09:39 AM

We recently (in the Chicago area) recently installed a whole-house steam humidifier. Keeping the humidity rock steady through outdoor temperature changes is a challenge, if not impossible.

As far as indoor humidity goes, I've discovered that the walls, and furniture absorb or discharge humidity. So getting a place up to the proper humidity can take some time and reducing the humidity can also take time as your home and belongings "breathe" the moisture. With relatively consistent humidity levels in my home year-round I can keep my guitars out of their cases without worry of drying out or becoming over-humidified.

I can imagine how difficult it might be to keep humidity constant in Florida. I suppose for the health of our guitars if we just keep the humidity in the desired range they are safe. But what I've noticed is that some guitar sound better with a little more humidity and other guitars vice-versa.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS