View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
Yes it certainly makes sense. I wish I could get my hands on a CA Gx to A/B against the Sable. That is the true tonal test for comparing guitars.
I've owned both at the same time and preferred the CA Gx to the Sable. Both have a warmer and more wood-like tone than any of the many Rainsongs I've owned and the one Emerald X20 I had for a while (The X20 is the least like my fine wooden guitars in tonality, not to say it's bad, just not at all what I'm looking for). Neither the Sable or the Gx had quite the volume or sustain of the Rainsongs or the Emerald, but the warmth and woodiness was more important to me. I preferred the Gx to the Sable because the Sable (I've owned 2 Sables to make sure it wasn't just a poor example) sounded lifeless, not jangly like some CF guitars which was good, but rather dull - the worst of all the CF guitars in terms of sustain with a real lack of overtones, at least to my ear and my wife's (who is a classical pianist). The Gx is louder, more comfortable to play, retains all of the warmth of the Sable and is a more lively and responsive instrument, imho.