Thread: new neck
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 02:57 PM

Default new neck

I have a Collings D2H I got in 1992. There isnt anything wrong with it..it looks like new.
It sat in the case for 15 years unused. I kind of liked it for the first 10 years but never really loved it. I think it was not Collings best work but ok. Rich sound but not like a good D28 has if you happened to find a good one back in the old days.
I either want to get rid of it or change the neck on it. I am not sure if putting a new neck will make it better but it might. I have always wanted a maple bodied dread but todays prices are so stupid I wont buy a custom one. So I thought of having someone mill a new neck CNC out of high quality maple and put an ebony fretboard on it.
Can I remove the neck on this??? is it glued on???
About how much will it cost me in the USA and where can I find someone to mill me a high quality neck?? I dont want an Ebay thing...
Maybe a tiny bit wider than stock...no extra inlays or anything like that.I like playing hard and fast,flatpick. THough I cant get near to what I used to be able to do back in the 80s.
If I cant find a good neck luthier that is reasonable than I will look to trade it off...

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-12-2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Inappropriate