View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 06:58 AM

Default Picked up a Marshall DSL40....What now???

I've been on an acoustic binge the past two years, and after returning a Boss Katana I picked up a Marshall DSL40CR to pair with my Les Paul Traditional. So, I spent 2 hours last night dialing in a Bonamassa tone when it hit me.....I need a Tubescreamer, delay pedal, and probably more reverb. I start seeing $$$ signs and I just sit back and let out a huge sigh....

This is why I gave up electric a few years ago. The Les Paul is nice, it really is, but I'm already bored with the "rig" and I am just fiddling with knobs and not playing and getting any better. The tone is nice from the DSL, and I did find a nice trick for a killer Bonamassa tone. Ride the tone knobs down, and use the mid position with the bridge volume on 7 and the neck pickup on 3. Totally Bonamassa!

Problem is that I don't really know what to do now? I've dialed in a nice tone and played my 8 or 9 blues licks and I'm just lost. With acoustic, I write songs and play with my daughter while she plays violin. She doesn't even wanna be in the same room with the "noise" haha.

So, I may return the Les Paul and the Marshall and buy another nice Martin....