View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 06:20 PM
Charter Member

Welcome to the forum vick.

I have an interest in the same two guitars you mentioned. I have an X20 and a Journey OF660. Both have nicely contoured bodies that make them a comfortable fit. The X20 is the size of an OM but feels much smaller because of that. Emerald had obviously spent a lot of time figuring out how to ergonomically shape a guitar body. However I’ve read comments similar to steelvibe’s in that the bridge on the X7 is far enough back that it’s hard to use your palm to mute strings. That’s something to consider if you palm mute while playing. You might search the CF forum for the Carbon Fiber Sharing Thread to see if anyone has an C7 near you that you could try out.

Regarding which is better for travel, it depends on how you like to travel. For road trips either guitar would probably be fine. I like to travel compact and really like the smaller footprint of the Journey, or similar collapsible guitars. The neck attachment mechanism on the Journey works really well.

One “feature” of the OF660 is that it’s a pretty quiet guitar. That can be an advantage if you don’t want to make a lot of noise in a hotel room - or not. From the few reviews I’ve seen the FF660 is louder than the OF but not by a lot. Just another thing to consider.

Fortunately you can try both the Journey and Emerald and return them if they don’t work out. Let us know how it goes