View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 04:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCougar View Post
Well, that was a kick! And quite the video production! I'm just starting to get into video, so I can appreciate all that!
Thanks, DC. I did some video production back in the 80s... things have changed a whole lot since then. It's significantly less tedious now. And no shoulder mounted video cameras and belt packs for the batteries. An iPhone on a handle or gimbal and a 360 camera... and then some patience to wade through it. I coached Mark's wife on how to hold the 360 camera, then told her: "Just walk around; shoot 20 second clips - I'll look at the footage afterwards and decide what angle to use." She wasn't sure about that.

Mark really enjoys the technical stuff with a DAW - I am content with my Spire Studio (up to 8 tracks). So, he does the music production, I do the video production. A good division of labor. That first video we did (right at the start of the lockdowns of the pandemic) was his idea... he said, "As long as you tell us what to do for the video." Before that, we did quite a few audio recordings... I think the personalities come out more with a video.

I know younger tech oriented people might knock out something like this in short order. With the shooting, downloading, editing, then more editing, syncing it with the audio, putting in titles and transitions, then uploading... I'm guessing I have about 15 - 20 hours into it. I work on it a couple hours a day, when I feel like it. Mark is similar with the music production - I can have 4 or 5 tracks to him in a day, then he'll spend a bunch more time adding his parts, putting it together, mixing, tweaking the mix. You could easily work it to death, but we're doing this for the fun of it.

I'm already missing making music with Mark and the guys... but, we hit the road tomorrow.