Thread: Enya Nova Go
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 08:07 PM
Charter Member

Default Enya Nova Go

I told myself if the price dropped back down to the $150. range for the Enya, that I would bite. So I did. There's a 20% coupon on them now. It arrived today, here's my initial impression....it's more and better than I expected, the case is pretty nice and the tuners are better than some I see on more expensive guitars, it does need some minor setup (what guitar doesn't) but it's not bad, and they give you a truss rod wrench ! It was really cold when it arrived and I opened it immediately, the tuning drifted for about an hour as it warmed up, by a lot, I would NEVER submit a wood guitar to that. Tone wise....again, it is better than I expected but not great. The neck is a bit narrow and heavy, so that takes some adjustment on my part. There were some comments in other posts that tone wise it reminded posters of an X7 or a Touring. I've owned both those guitars and ehhhh....the Enya is not even close to those guitars from what I have heard so far, for tone or playability. So don't anyone get your hopes up! It is fun to play and I wanted something low cost and small to throw in the truck without taking up much room or worry on our trips, that didn't sound like a toy. I'm pretty sure this guitar will be perfect for that, it seems to be a pretty good deal for $150. so far, but it won't replace the Sable or Martin at home.