View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmargul View Post
One is on display in my study and one lives in the darkness of my closet. But... it's not what you might think. They are both excellent. If I closed my eyes and an pro guitarist played each, I am not sure I could tell the difference. But blindfold me and hand me one guitar, I could identify it accurately after the first pluck.

The Rainsong is super responsive and is loud with a light touch. The Emerald can be loud but needs much more effort and coaxing. It is a really pronounced difference. They are strung with the same brand and gauge of strings. This might be less noticeable plugged in but I only play acoustically

I can't say one is better than the other and this is just a personal observation with which others might not agree.

The Emerald is a thing of beauty; like a modern sculpture. It is a work of art. The Rainsong looks like a plastic guitar with turquois inlay but it plays and sounds heavenly. They each get played but the Emerald stays on display while the Rainsong naps in the closet. Good looks aren't everything but they DO get you looked at.

I like both of mine. RainSong Jumbo and X30. However my RainSong is the one that I pick up to play more often, and the one I like to play at church when I'm on. I find the RainSongs output to be the most balanced, and much easier to play, but I don't like the piezo sound as much The X30 is very boomy, but the onboard preamp I installed makes it better. I do like the mic sound though!
Weighs over a pound more than the RainSong though, and still, I find it more difficult to play properly. Especially barre chords. When I have the action low enough, it buzzes, so I have the action higher, which makes playing it much more difficult.

Love them both though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 130967152_10222870844092365_5016540745869626401_o.jpg (34.5 KB, 359 views)