View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 07:55 AM

Default Neumann Microphone worth the price?

Whats up everyone, thanks for being so helpful and encouraging to a newbie like me. I got a question for if you all don't mind.

After playing for a while I want to record my music, just to put on places like here or for myself to listen to and learn from. I am going to be spending some money on my recording set up as I think I will be a lot happier when I start recording music and listening to it, so I was looking at some of the Neumann microphones. I have read online that they make some of the best microphones for home recording, but I wanted to ask what peoples experience here is with them.

The ones I am eyeing are the U87, U47, KM140, or the KM84. They all seem to be up there in price, so I want to make sure my money is spent wisely and that I am not buying something expensive that I don't need. If anyone can chime in with experience with these mics or suggestions for something better I would be very appreciative.

I don't think I could have possibly gotten more help and advice anywhere, this is amazing. Thanks everyone, you made this decision so much easier. I picked up a U87 that was for really cheap on https://www.for-sale.ie/neumann and I am loving it so far. It may have been a tad expensive, but I think that all of the experience I will get and fun I will have recording will make up for it easily. Once again, thanks so much for your help everyone, I cannot get over how nice you all have been.

Last edited by StrummerLovin; 07-29-2017 at 02:22 AM.