View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Some people feel that CF has no personality while wood is revered for its beauty. Many of us aren't necessarily "traditionalists" but we prefer things that are organic and unique because we enjoy it, not because of tradition. I can spend hours looking at nature but I wouldn't spend more than a couple minutes looking at a CGI representation of nature. I crave that connection to the earth, as I do with a wood guitar. If I am going to spend over a thousand on an instrument, it had better have beautiful and natural wood grains that I can admire. Some guys value reliability and ease of use more than aesthetics so they naturally gravitate to the advantages of CF. All depends on what you like and most prefer wood over CF.
There is nothing at all wrong with a good wood guitar. There is something that is just beautiful about wood and to then to have it make music is special.

Wood is organic and changes, it is dynamic and that can create issues, and concerns for keeping it protected. There is something very cool about a carbon guitar that is just perfect to you and you know that it will never change no matter what nature throws at it.

Each has it own awesome qualities.

Steve
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom

Last edited by Doubleneck; 12-09-2013 at 09:50 PM.