View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
no, the impedance matching for starters. You run a high impedance guitar cable into the preamp and come out of it with an XLR (low impedance) into the powered mixer, and it makes a HUGE difference. Also, dependant on what electronics you put in your guitar, you'll likely need a little more signal processing than your powered mixer would offer. Of course, it all depends on how picky you are. Currently, I'm using an internal mic from the Baggs Dual Source (I yanked the Element UST) and an external condensor (Audix ADX51) and am getting away without a preamp.....just applying the 15v phantom to the internal mic and still utilizing the internal Dual Source preamp in the system (which allows for soundhole volume control)

But in most instances, using either a preamp, or a simple direct box will greatly enhance your tone....
So I understand now! I was wondering after reading this though, is XLR cables better sound quality than instrument cables because of the low independance?

Guitars(in the order the were purchased):
-2008 Alvarez PJ85SCDVS(installed with a Pezio UST and a mini condenser mic. Duel systems are awesome!)
-2000 Washburn OE-30: Orange
-1977 Yamaha G-65-1: Natural
-1967 Stella H-912: Maroon Sunburst
-2002 Stagg C510: Natural
-1996 Epiphone DR-100: Sunburst

My YouTube Videos

My MySpace