View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher10 View Post
Im new to this board and wanted to ask you guys about the Epiphone Masterbilt line of guitars. Ive read alot about the lacking quality of the series lately. So I have two questions. Have anyone of you had issues with a DR500M, or any of the guitars really? Also, would it be wise to get one of these guitars made in the past few years (eBay has some very good prices), or should I shoot for the earlier ones? Thanks!!
Topher10, I had a Masterbilt EF500R a few months ago that I simply could not stand to play. Of course I bought it sight unseen (new) from an online retailer so I must blame myself for the bum purchase. Maybe my experience was an anomaly, but no matter what I did to tweak the tone of that guitar ( even including bone nut & saddle), it's tone could only be described as "harsh and metallic." I ended up selling it for WAY less than I bought it for just to get rid of it. That was my experience with a Masterbilt guitar, but I know others like theirs. Maybe the lesson from my experience is more to the point that buying guitars sight unseen and unplayed can bite you in the butt many times, other than the notion that Masterbilt guitars suck. All I can say is this one did. And there ya have it.