Thread: Cordoba quality
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
I'm looking to add a classical guitar to my collection and while I'm not looking for concert quality, I'd like something that will last and feel good to play. With that said I've been focusing my search on Cordoba (and LA Patrie). One thing I've noticed is that there are many Cordoba guitars in the used market but many have cracked tops, or the bridge has peeled off, binding coming apart, etc. Is this something of a price point issue (since they aren't thousands of dollars people may treat them with less care), or is this a quality issue with the brand? I'm looking at the C5, C7, and C9 being the most preferred.
Thanks!
Could be a quality issue, but not what you think. I have a Cordoba Fusion that's a few years old and already had some warping behind the bridge when I bought it used, and that I consider more or less normal. I also have a 47 yr old plywood guitar that's seen plenty of abuse but has a top (and neck) that's as flat and straight as the day it left the shop. A thin cedar top is a mark of quality and might sound great, but it needs care and feeding.

Last edited by Mortimer Nelson; 12-18-2021 at 02:54 AM.