View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Runner View Post
This is my first resonator. I did a bunch of research this weekend on what I really wanted and finally took the plunge today once I knew I was e-filed . You know, a little present for myself for getting some of my hard earned money back from the government so they have less of my dough to squander.

I didn't really want to spend a ton on my first res but didn't want garbage either. I decided to go with a Gretsch G9202 Honey Dipper round neck. Price seemed reasonable and the reviews great. And frankly after seeing Niko's sweet green baritone tricone I kind of started to dig the green color, which hadn't even crossed my mind before. So that is another thing that sealed the deal for me to get this special edition. It will be here Thursday. I decided to just order this because I honestly wouldn't know how a decent resonator played anyways. Honestly the videos I have watched featuring this guitar sound amazing. Just the sound I am looking for. I hope it lives up to those videos. Here is a photo from the web:

very interesting. i am not a fan of green myself other than walls in a home but this one intrigues me also. nice choice!

as far as ordering online site unseen i just did the same thing with my resonator. i went through Amaz...and their returns with Prime customers are extremely simple and worry free. for me i just take a look down the neck and also have my guy do a setup on it. if there is any issue i return for another one or for refund. no restocking fee or even any cost to send back.