View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 10:25 AM

Thanks for the reminder!

Back in the day (say, 15 years ago), Omniweb was hands-down the best Mac OS X browser. Pages were gorgeous, speed was better than anything else. Configuration options were abundant—far more than today's browsers. Ad blocking was the default configuration, and no extra apps were needed. Nowadays, Omniweb development is basically a side project, a labor of love for the original designer. It ain't so good anymore.

Today, Safari still looks best and is easiest to navigate, but suffers ongoing compatibility issues, even with the most current updates.

Chrome is fast, but after 5-10 minutes of use causes fans (the kind that cool your computer down) to go crazy. This is true on the 6 or so computers I've tested on. I only keep it around because YouTube works best on it.

Firefox was always the ugliest of the bunch, and as recently as 2016 still could not render pages properly. I stopped using it. But after about 15 minutes mucking around with the new update, I have to say I'm impressed. It STILL has problems rendering pages properly, but the speed is impressive. It's back in my arsenal again.
• AGF-only discounts
Free Shipping + Free Returns
Shoreline Rewards
Videos
• Guitars from Taylor | Mcilroy | Larrivee
• Stage gear from K&K | Fire-Eye

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...s/namm_x_6.jpg