View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 08:44 PM

Smile ** S O L D ! ** Martin Custom Shop 00-21 Short Scale 2013 MINT

I purchased this Martin 00-21 brand new in May 2014 from Ted at LA Guitar Sales. I’ve listed it as 2013 because that’s when it was born, per the Serial Number, which is 1747331.

As many of you know, Martin’s Custom Shop guitars get more personal attention than their standard factory guitars. That’s evident in this instrument, with its solid Indian rosewood back and sides (a really beautiful set) and solid Sitka spruce top. The neck is a modified low oval shape in solid mahogany; the fingerboard and bridge are jet black ebony. The bridge pins are ebony with abalone dots. The neck meets the body at the 14th fret. The tortoise binding offsets the Sitka and rosewood very nicely. Tuning machines are Gotoh with traditional butterbean knobs. This is a short scale instrument (24.9) with low action; the nut width is 1-3/4”. It is incredibly easy to play. Includes the original Geib hard-shell case, which I think is the coolest guitar case in the world.

This guitar is in mint condition. No cracks, scratches or dings. It’s been stored in its case with Humidipaks. As you can see in the photos, I’ve installed a digital hygrometer inside the case to monitor humidity and temperature. Guitar will ship to you with a new set of Humidipaks in the sound hole and under the headstock.

The tone is balanced and warm, with surprisingly rich bass and room-filling volume. Articulation is outstanding with clear note separation. Over the years, I've been fortunate enough to own a number of handmade guitars from Santa Cruz, Lowden and Goodall. This guitar holds its own with any of them at a fraction of the cost.

I’m selling this because I recently purchased (also from Ted) a custom Santa Cruz 000 with 12 frets to the body and a cutaway. The 12-fret configuration fits me better, so my 14-fret Martin hasn't been played much lately. It’s much too fine an instrument to sit in its case.

I’ve bought and sold many times on this forum; all my previous purchasers can attest to my integrity – the guitar is exactly as I’ve described it.

$1750 plus shipping. Available for pickup (or trial) in Southern California. No trades.

Send me a PM here or email me at [email protected].

SEE GALLERY BELOW.

Specs:
BODY SIZE: 00-14 Fret
TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
BACK: Solid East Indian Rosewood
SIDES: Solid East Indian Rosewood
PURFLING: Style 18
ENDPIECE: Delmar Tortoise Brown 3071
Serial #1747331
NECK: Genuine Mahogany
NECK SHAPE: Mod Low Oval (1.750 x 2.125)
HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood
HEADPLATE DECAL: Large Old Style
TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Nickel Open Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
FINGERBOARD: Black Ebony
RADIUS: 16''
SCALE LENGTH: 24.84 (24.9)
WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4'' (1.750)
WIDTH AT 12 FRET: 2 1/4''
FRETS CLEAR: 14
FINISH TYPE: Gloss/Satin Neck
CASE: 500 Series Geib Style

2019 Taylor 522ce V-Class 12-Fret - All Mahogany
2021 Rainsong V-OM 1000-NSX - Spruce/Carbon Fiber
2008 Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue (Natural)

Last edited by Gary-N-LA; 01-20-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: SOLD