View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 10:03 AM

Default Any Yairi Aficionados here to help me?

Today I picked up a small scale Yairi guitar from a local seller. He was asking $200 with a bad photo and no information. It was late at night. I know Yairi is known to make some incredible guitars and $200 (could) be a steal. So I told him sight unseen, I値l come grab it for $100. He agreed. It has a really nice case and the thing is in mint, and I mean mint condition. Plays and sounds incredibly. I was blown away, especially for a smaller scale guitar. The craftsmanship put into this thing is amazing. Here痴 where I知 stumped. No model number. It has a label that says Mcabe & Camp. Which is a local guitar shop here in Los Angeles. I知 unaware that they had any shop guitars made by Yairi. The only other markings are on the neck block. It says NO 443, which I would have assumed was a model number, but no information to be found online, and beneath that says A M or maybe K M? Then, it says Yairi Nagoya made in Japan beneath the label. Headstock says Yairi in gold writing. I知 not sure if I値l be able to find the model, but any information at all would be fantastic. I壇 love to know what kind of wood was used and so on. Thanks for all your help guys. I値l share a photo album link with it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ICqaII7