View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:47 AM

Question JLD Bridge Dr. Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
The Bridge Doctor is not like a violin sound post.

The violin sound post is held by friction between the top and back plates of a violin snd situated under the treble side of the bridge. It is for both structural and tonal importance.

Structurally, it supports the top plate, acting like a pillar under the bridge. Without it, a violin top would sink in.

Acoustically, the sound post transfers vibrations from the top plate to the back plate. It also effects the vibration of the top plate. A violin without a sound post will sound weak, thin and hollow.

My point is the difference in tone and volume you experience is definitely similar as the results of what the violin's tone post does .

The transfer of sound off the BD once attached is not noticeable till you add the the added torque off the base of the BD at the hex nut
that then takes the vibrating top's surface . You feel it too as the guitar's tone and volume role out .

So yes you are right and then again the nature of the BD results is similar as I explained to a violin's tone post .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me