View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Blake View Post
I've got a native American flute. It's gorgeous. I think it is cedar with a rosewood mouthpiece, block, and a genuine soft leather wrapping to hold it. Beautiful finish, too.

I ordered it custom and it seemed fairly expensive at the time.

It sits in a storage pouch in the bookcase and I almost never play it, even though I got a book on native American flute, and have some recordings.

The tonal palette is just too limited to hold my interest. I did learn different breathing techniques for vibrato. I just don't pick the thing up anymore.

I have a bamboo flute that is not chromatic, and that is almost as interesting. Nice to pick up once in a decade, but that's about it.

I think the Chakras are better opened through meditation, understanding, awareness.

Obviously, just my opinion.

At the time I was quite excited about the whole ordering and learning process with the flute, just didn't hold my interest. There's really not a whole lot you can do with it.

On the other hand, the guitar gets a lot of regular use. It is a far more versatile instrument.
Yes I meditate every day and drum as well! Some of the 528hz music is interesting because certain keys hit different chakras! It would be nice to have a couple of different flutes in different keys! Thanks for sharing about your flutes!

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo

Last edited by Kindness; 11-20-2018 at 07:15 AM.