View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Very cool , just gorgeous the case looks interesting also..... Don't know anything about Collings Elecs . Are those a P 90' type or some kind of HB pic up ?

After the thread on commute and where you live, I say you’ll probably have to take a road trip.

Imagine updated twists or variations on iconic designs, original or their own versions of basic guitar types, very tasteful and artistic touches with the design. Then imagine build quality way beyond the norm or what many consider good over every bit of the guitar. When it comes to playing and the years you pretty much get the finest.

I recall an article where Bill Collings said they made their own laminate when they decided to make laminate as well as carved models.

Even their simplest models are jaw dropping good. I spent a lot of time after guitars like ES-335 and ES-175 but had a tangent trying one of their 290s. Dave’s happened to have modestly priced and custom shop Les Paul Specials same way there were lots of ES. Unplugged the 290 seemed charged or super lively like all their guitars. Just like ES types, the similarly priced custom shop Gibson was crude by comparison.

Many seem obsessed to have the very expensive Throbak pickups but I’ve been super pleased with the Lollar pickups my Collings has. It sounds more like an associate’s 1960 ES-335 than any of several Memphis and custom shop 335s I’ve tried.

They’re worth checking out just to marvel at what human hands can do. Be careful. Trying one might have a significant impact. The positive here is they might be a bargain if you suffer from GAS. I’m starting my 6th year of ownership with no desire to buy or trade guitars.