View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 04:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Hey, Mark, I have to say I'm glad it's you who has that extraordinarily sumptuous Brazilian Rosewood to work with. In the hands of a lesser luthier, it just wouldn't be fair... Both of these guitars featured here are out of this world. The level of craft and aesthetic design you're bringing to these builds is truly inspiring. And you do proper justice to the materials you are using. Awesome work!
Thanks Edwinson, that's quite a compliment! Who gets to work with better stuff than luthiers? It's the materials that are so inspiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton LeGeyt View Post
Oh Man. Does that really need binding? I would have a tough time putting anything along those edges!
Well we're going with black ebony binding which should bring out the black in the BRW grain lines and highlight the body lines, and to add some sparkle the top, back, and sides are getting blue paua abalone purfling. I'm not too worried about overpowering all that BRW figure. I'm expecting it to all play nicely together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
That is just completely awesome the way the grain lines up so perfectly on the cutout. I would think just making the cuts the width of the blade would take out just enough wood that there would be a least a little step in the pattern, but that is perfect. Great job!
The sides are pretty well quarter sawn, which helps but, I have to say those didn't line up by accident. Thanks!

Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright