View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcopeland8900 View Post
I was on and off for a wood veneer or not. My final decision was based on the fact this hangs on the wall just as you enter my house. I see the veneer as something that would pass the wife veto. [emoji1]

I ordered with a veneer.

I am going with the stock neck and play the larger scale length typically, but went pinless (again aesthetic), and K&K with a fretboard mod.
It took some time, and finally arrived. Haven't had the chance to play it much yet. The fingerboard mod was different than expected (I tried reducing total fret count, but my description was not clear enough), but my thumb still seems to clear the fretboard with no issue so it is probably better this way. I also tried to go amber on the sides and back, but received the "it won't look as good veto" and it arrived in black. All in all I LOVE how the veneer turned out and for those percussive fingerstyle players out there, this guitar seems to thump, slap, pop, and react like any other wood guitar. It also fits well while one plays standing.

Can't get this app to add a photo (says I don't have permission in the forum) so check out the June 17 shipping video. It is the royal ebony guitar number 4.

Thanks for all of the inputs while going through the decision process early this year.

-B