View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJP5 View Post
Hence my confusion.

As a newbie to electrics, this is difficult to comprehend. When I talk to other musicians, they make it seem like it's not a big deal. But when I was researching, it seemed like the holy grail. So glad I asked.
I'm new to all this as well. I spend half the day here it seems soaking up information and then go out into the real world and try to talk like I know something, and my friends who have been playing guitar for decades look at me like they have no idea what I'm talking about. They say, do this, do that, hook it all together and it works. No long explainations, just do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJP5 View Post

I am getting a much clearer picture around this. This has been my reluctance around dipping in the electric guitar pool because it seems so complicated (as compared to an acoustic). But, I ain't getting any younger (comin' up on 60) so it's time to buckle in and get going.
I got my first electric back in June. I just wanted to keep it simple too. But then I learned about slap back delay, quickly I had to have a spring reverb to go with it, then I needed a Boss Blues Driver to fill it all out. Now I have a whole board full of them and I'm looking at a fuzz pedal. Resistance is futile. Once you actually get started it isn't that confusing unless you want to make it so, but really it isn't.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/

Last edited by rllink; 01-25-2021 at 12:58 PM.