View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 12:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

I would, but I put it up and take it down. Right now it is down. My Lego farm hasn't inspired me to keep it up full time. Maybe it's because my poor farmer doesn't have a parade worthy classic metal car in the barn yet.

I might get the Lego(s) back out and share my non-maintenance farm sometime. Knowing my quirkiness I might become inspired to use it as a theme for a McKnight Guitar. I tend to get crazy McKnight guitar ideas by silly play. My best work comes from inside in an off the wall quick moment. I can read something or see something and before I realize it a guitar clicks in my mind and I have to draw it out before it is gone.

Why, oh, why, is it that today I am seeing this so prominently as inlay in a custom head stock? Sometimes I know I am in trouble if I draw a design and let it sit on my desk and can't seem to put it away. You just might see it in a guitar magazine as our ad.

Have you ever seen the YouTube made during a Healdsburg guitar show where Tim tells the world I jumped up in the middle of the night to design our Gear head guitar? Five minutes later the Gear Guitar was designed by a sleepy eyed lady who was already back in bed and sleeping as if I had never got up.

What's worse and it probably drives Tim bonkers sometimes is that on the inside of a candy wrapper which was all the paper I could find on that spur of the moment, I designed the McKnight Spar Guitar and it was complete within less than three minute as soon as I got in the car after leaving the parking lot where I chose the top wood out of a trunk.

My job took three minutes. My work was easy. All I had to do was draw out my design from the story I heard concerning the wood. It took my luthier husband 6 months to build the McKnight Spar Guitar.

I play with the Lego Land farm. He does the real work.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.