View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrErikJ View Post
I have a new Guild OM-150 on the way and was wanting to identify some good (preferably dual source) UST options from the crew. I considered the K&K Trinity as well but I do want to a more stable primary source than the Pure Mini. In the past I often used the LB6 or the M1a, and am still open to those, but I prefer piezo to mag. The LB6 sounds great and is very stable but putting it in the Baggs Dual Source is a huge hassle and, depending on your tech, installing the LB6 is either simple or a disaster. It's also nice to be able to sand the bottom of your saddle for small action adjustments and the LB6 doesn't allow for that. If I decide to go with the LB series again, I'll just go passive and solo.

So, I'm leaning towards the new Matrix Infinity Blend as it seems the most streamlined and simple of the solutions. I also like the stereo option, which the Baggs Anthem doesn't have. So, does anyone use the new Infinity Blend for fingerstyle and have any thoughts? Anyone want to make the case for the Element or Anthem instead?
I haven't tried the newest Infinity Blend but I did have the Fishman Matrix Ellipse blend with the gooseneck mic. I personally find that these systems that have some type of soundhole microphone just never work well in a live setting. The more mic blended in, the muddier things sound. I don't find you really get that clarity that mics often produce. The best I have heard is obviously the Anthem and the Baggs dual source. Both of those have the microphone inside the body which seems to work better.

If I were considering such a system, I would try the Seymour Duncan Wavelength duo. I am actually considering trying the Wavelength and then adding IR's. The Duo is similar to the Fishman mic placement but I like the 18v preamp and the overall tone of the Wavelength more.