View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 10:12 AM

and there is the joy of playing these wonderful instruments I'm new around here, but have been in the business of playing and recoding for too long to own up to. I would hate to be given recorded evidence of my tastes and opinions when I was a) starting out and b) when I was young enough to think that I knew everything
These days I write, record and get out and play, and find myself reaching for different guitars depending on both the work required and my current tastes.
I stopped selling guitars some years ago ( still keep buying them ) when I realised that one week I would be loving my old D28 but next week I would be picking up a Gibson/Collings/Bourgouise/Sobell etc to work with. Sometimes picking up a different guitar is enough to find a new song or nail a part that just wasn't happening.
I have times ( even about a week ago) when I dug out a guitar that I wasn't getting on with two years back , only to find that it was just what I needed and went through the process of falling in love all over again
Some would say that it's better to stick to one instrument, get to know it and play the hell out of it, In the early days I did that, then sold it to get something else, only to go out a few years later to hunt down a similar guitar.
To sum up, if our tastes and opinions didn't change, we would never get a chance to explore new styles / techniques / sounds. Its kept me going for many years, and kept me at worst interested enough to get up for work and at best still in love with the guitar