View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Ken, would you mind doing something for me please?

Could you unplug the two sensors from the preamp and record them thanks to 2 minijack to 6.35" jack adapter into a 2-channel interface and send me the 2 tracks via a google drive or dropbox link?

It would provide me a "compass".

Here is one of the install I did this week

Your sample sounds good. I don't want to undo my Trance system as I've got it all nicely routed inside the guitar and won't need to touch it again.

I'd continue to work with the red tape especially if you can get more. I finally decided to use epoxy because it seems to yield consistent results that can also be heard in the Larrivee C-03 TE demos. The only criticism I have about using the epoxy is that it yields a lot of bass response (YAY!) but it can be easily EQ'ed to taste, which I haven't yet demoed. My thinking is that it's better to have a good bass response from the guitar/pickup/preamp source and EQ it to taste rather than trying to add bass to a weak bass source signal. This is my current concern with the Ultra Tonic 3.2 which for whatever reason seems to have a low bass response. I'm trying to adjust the DIP switch circuit board to give me more bass but something tells me it may be a futile quest if I somehow botched the installation of the two sensors. I'm going to try a few more DIP switch settings to try to get more bass out of the Ultra Tonic.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 01-30-2022 at 02:44 PM.