View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 04:01 PM

Thanks very much for your input, it's always helpful to have people far more knowledgeable than me to help with the finer grain detail around things. There is so much material out across the Web that it's really difficult finding quality over quantity.

I've actually just finished the GCH YouTube play list that I was enjoying. Overall I'd describe it as very basic and it didn't give me any of the fundamentals I was looking for so I've decided to move on.

I haven't discarded the idea of books and I can see that many people value them. The thing about me is that I'm a visual learner and get more from watching than anything else. It's for that reason I find myself being slightly reluctant to buy the books.

But irrespective, I've just just stumbled upon the next chapter for me! I had a quick look on Truefire and found that they have a sale on across lots of different content. The 2 courses I was previously looking at under Tommy Emmanuel were both 70% off and when I signed up I got a further 25% discount. So all in all, the courses should have been $50 each, but I got them both for $18!

Has anyone else done these courses on Truefire? The content seems fairly good even if the videos are rather short. That said, 6hrs+ of Tommy Emmanuel tuition with videos and tabliture for $18 is a bargain by anyones measure! I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

On a side note, it's worth mentioning that I've started getting the hang of making independent use of the thumb and fingers. I am also getting fairly good at anchoring the pinky finger and using the index, middle and annular fingers for the GBE strings. It was (and still is) a real pain relearning the music I've played for years, trying to get the fingers in the right place to improve speed, accuracy and technique. It's slow progress but it does feel worth it.