View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 12:26 AM

Earlier this year, I watched the video with Willy’s playing and sound being the catalyst for a quick spin to the closest shop that had one.

I should have known that people saying it was ‘good for the money’ meant the alarm bell didn’t ring for some reason...GAS.

I have had fun fooling around with it, and it is good for guitars you don’t want to alter but want to electrify. But it has a hollow sound no matter what I do, though larger guitars do come up better, but I like smaller guitars. I prefer it to a quacking undersaddle or heavy metal soundhole, but it is better run to a decent mixer and better...EQ!!! I gave up on the fooey settings and run it on ‘natural’.

It sounds good with some guitars but not the ones I want...

I can see why they have the skinny lead to the mic clip - we don’t want a big guitar cable type lead hanging there, but it probably won’t go the distance. The input (aux) for an existing pickup is also a good idea but leads are going everywhere! And I run the vol on about 3/4.

So I have said it elsewhere, but they had some great ideas......but I hope Fishman or Boss, or preferably Neumann are working, working, working on their super high quality version, with wifi or bluetooth instead of that lead......and a nice Boss type floor preamp with DI..etc

I did a comparison by putting it on my Maton and run to my little mixer, then used the famous onboard Maton pickup system with undersaddle and condenser mic - ha ha, no contest, sorry iRig.

BluesKing777.

Last edited by BluesKing777; 12-15-2017 at 12:32 AM.