View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

Smile Kraut 00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
This whole thing is pretty amazing from the woods, rosette, headstock etc etc.

Congrats!
Thanks so much Tom. I feel very fortunate to have connected with Ray when he moved to Tucson, and that Ray is building such a special guitar for me. In 2018, I didn't even know that Ray had moved to Tucson. I was looking at one of his new guitars for sale on Dream Guitars, and noticed the label said "Tucson, Arizona".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar View Post
My goodness, this is coming together beautifully. I love the fretboard - I'm thinking it will 'speak' to the back and sides in a beautiful way. And the rosette continues to impress.

Can't wait to see it all together!
Thanks again for the nice words Carmel Cedar. If you are the one who ended up with the green-themed 00 that Ray recently built (and whose headstock photo I used above), congrats also! I came very close to buying that guitar, but figured a custom build with Ray would be more fun. That guitar was the inspiration for this build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
I’m in Tucson for the mineral show, I’ll be sure to visit Ray, I gotta check this out with my own eyes! Does drool sand off? Lol, I’ll be careful...
Thanks Dave! I really hope I can meet you while you are in Tucson. Ray speaks so highly of you. He said that he had a great time at the NAMM show with you earlier this month. As you probably already know, Ray is using the same piece of Brazilian rosewood for the fingerboard and bridge on your guitar as he is on mine. You are going to love how your guitar is coming along as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
Every image is a treat John, this is one nice guitar.

May be one of the finest gems you see
Thanks again Colin!!! I really hope to see you again this year.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut