View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecguitar44 View Post
Any details that can be shared?

I live in a 1936 Craftsman bungalow. Our design/decoration choices revolve around trying to be somewhat "true" to the Arts and Crafts and Mission movements...without being overly antiquey. If that makes sense.

I was intrigued by the Martin Arts and Crafts guitars (I believe there were two of them). If I recall, they were oak guitars...with some splashes of design ques taken from Mission stylings.

I'll be paying A LOT of attention to this thread!
We're still fleshing out multiple concepts, none of them finished enough to share just yet.

I totally understand what you are saying about not being "overly antiquey". If we wanted to take the design to the extreme, we may end up with something not unlike a cigar box guitar. I think it's safe to say we aren't going that direction. But it's a challenge to take a style that is typically rectilinear and incorporate it in something with so many curves. We are exploring ideas that keep the contemporary elements of my existing design as well as options that square some things up. Super fun so far and it's been outstanding to collaborate with someone with Bob's design experience and enthusiasm.