View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 04:17 PM

You would not believe the tube amps I went through looking for the Tone when I was playing electric....
I mean..GREAT TUBE Amps...Rivera's, Vintage..Super Reverbs, Pro Reverbs, Twins, Mesa Boogies....a couple of custom built amps..blah blah blah...
What I ended up with is something that had too much horse power...and could blow the doors off a 56 Chevy....and weight 75lbs
Whats good about horse power(watts) and speaker area... is it fills every void of your body with tone...It doesn't hit you in the shins...knees, or any spot projection...it fills the area...
The amp? Black Faced 1973 Twin Reverb with two Jensen C12N's pure and clean...
My point is... if you want a great sound your going to have to compromise by getting a great amp...Battery..converter and a hand truck..

If your willing to compromise you can do it cheaper and lighter.. with anyone of these battery powered amps.. Heck maybe daisy chain a couple to get a fuller sound...

I like the idea of the Behringer because it's like a carry on.. Just wheel it behind you...18lbs..isn't much... and maybe you could piggy back one with another like you do flight suitcases..
Reliability is the issue or was or is and hopefully fixed...Need to read some newer reviews...

In the end it's individual choice..