View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 10:01 AM

Cool How long does it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneal View Post
And your opinion isn't an opinion or misinformation being disseminated because... ?
Dneal, you make an excellent point. I'm surprised that John Williams guitar is not done the way I recommended, but I doubt if he personally is stringing his own guitar, but more likely a student or assistant. I could be wrong, but that is how I see it.

While I am well aware that everyone is free to develop their own techniques, as well as to draw their own conclusions from the banter that is exchanged here on the AGF. I am merely passing on information that I have collected over 50 years. If you, or anyone chooses to question the accuracy of my statements, I encourage that. If they choose to ignore my recommendations, that's fine too. I'm only the messenger, attempting to educate anyone who is interested in expanding their knowledge.

On this thread, I am only interested in pointing out several possibilities why it might take longer for their strings to settle. The information I provide (while only my own opinions) has been corroborated by multiple sources, and the conclusions I have drawn and disseminate are from many hours of research.

Glen
Gibson LP Deluxe/ES-347 TD/Chet Atkins CE
Fender MIA Deluxe Strat
Art & Lutherie 12-string
Bellucci Concert
Sigma CR-7
Recording King ROS-06 FE3/RPH-05
D'Angelico "New Yorker"
New Masters "Esperance SP"
Hermosa AH-20
“I never met a guitar I didn't like.”