View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimana450k View Post
But what I am saying is that at its price I can buy almost 3 baby taylors... so is it 3 times as good?... maybe.
Frankly IMO the baby is not worth the price it is even. Yes from what I have heard the cargo would be at least three times better. The baby had HORIBLE intonation and never stayed in tune worth a crap and the tone sounds like a toy guitar! I had one for my boy to learn on and it was such a head ach to keep tuned and when I played it the intonation sounded so bad that I got rid of it and bought my boy an Alvarez RF8 and it just absolutely BLEW the tone of the baby away and stayed in tune and had a hard case and it was even LAMINATE and still killed the baby. Oh ya the RF8 was half the price of the baby also!

At first I had fun playing the baby in a chair etc but the tone and intonation was driving me nuts. Neck was too straight and I would rattle the strings way to easy on lower frets. the neck could not get more releif either as the truss rod was backed way off already and still not enough releif.

frankly for what the cargo is - and designed for I don`t think there is much out there that will come close to it at ANY price.

Lee