View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 08:24 PM
Charter Member

I have the Trace Elliot Transit A. I like the fact that it doesn't have a looper because I much prefer to choose my own. Other than the looper, it has everything I would want for acoustic guitar - subtle effects suitable for acoustic and nothing else.

For a looper, I have both an EHX 95000 and a pair of Gibson (originally Oberheim) Echoplex Digital Pro Plus, both with the floor footswitches. This gives me all the choices I could want. I am not interested in karaoke type looping. I would much rather weave short sections of loop throughout a tune like Phil Keaggy does just to add a bit here and there to a solo acoustic piece. The Echoplex units are perfect for that kind of thing. The EHX 95000 is a great practice and arranging tool. I can run the audio output of my laptop into it along with my guitar to hear both at the same time through headphones, which is perfect for learning tunes by ear via Transcribe! and then listen to how I am doing on the looper. With 6 tracks to work with, it is also a great arranging tool for solo instrumental guitar.

The EHX 95000 and the Trace Elliot Transit A are both the same size and fit well together.

The best for me and my needs/interests is not necessarily the best for somebody else, as this thread attests to.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...